Thursday, October 1, 2009

Engaged!

Ashley and I got engaged yesterday! I took her up to the Rocky Mountain National Park near Estes Park, CO, which is about 75 miles north of where we live in Denver. I tried to keep it a surprise for as long as I could and all I would tell her was that we were going on a "magical adventure". Before we got in the car at our apartment, we saw this really cool insect sitting on the rear of an adjacent car. COOL!!


Cool Bug on Car


So we drove the hour and a half up to Estes Park, CO and were immediately amazed by the beautiful colors inside the Rocky Mountain National Park. It was mostly cloudy, but the Fall colors were in full effect.


Line of Yellow Trees


More Tree Color Changes


Our first stop after entering the park was to Sprague Lake. It has a 1/2 mile trail around the lake, and when we first got there it was raining but it stopped soon after. Here's Ashley and I near the lake.

Ashley and Brian at Sprague Lake


During a small gap of sunshine, there was a beautiful reflection of a nearby mountain on the lake.

Reflection at Sprague Lake


Tripods are always good for not wanting to take the shot where one of us is holding the camera. You have no idea how many photos we have where I'm holding the camera up high and it looks like I have a double chin!

Sprague Lake


Then we moved on over to Bear Lake where we had lunch. A tiny little squirrel-like animal was pestering us at first but soon after we moved, we were able to enjoy a little picnic with a view.

Bear Lake


Bench at Bear Lake


Back on the main road, we saw a bunch of cars pulled to the side and we soon saw what all the fuss was about...a HUGE elk was grazing on nearby grass. It was amazing to see such a big animal up close!

Large Elk on Side of the Road


My whole plan was to propose at the top of this mountain we were going up on Trail Ridge Road, but that was foiled when, at two miles above sea level, it started POURING snow! It was so cold outside I couldn't bring myself to make Ashley go outside while the wind was howling and the snow was pouring down.

Snowing Just Past 2 Miles Above Sea Level


So back down the mountain we headed and I soon found this small trail and knew this was the spot. As we were walking another herd of elk showed and and for a moment, I though I was going to have to find another spot. But they stayed far away and left us alone.

Trail Leading to Proposal


Herd of Elk


This is the view of the site I asked Ashley to marry me. I think she new something was coming but still she was very surprised when I got down on my knee.

View from Proposal


Here's a photo of us soon after I popped the question. Oh by the way, she said YES!!!

We're Engaged!


After the proposal we went to this amazing restaurant called Flagstaff House in the mountain overlooking Boulder, Colorado. An amazing night to cap off a perfect day. The view from the restaurant was gorgeous.

Ashley and Brian


View from Dinner at Flagstaff House


So now you are up-to-date with our happenings here in Denver. We are so excited to get planning with our next phase of our lives. We are still continuing our job hunt, and we both hope something cool will come along for both of us soon!

3 comments:

Brooke Ann Dove October 2, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Congrats, Guys! Pitures look beautiful, I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Anonymous October 3, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

a very big CONGRATS to you both. awesome pictures, Dont forget to invite Nate and I so we have a new excuse to go to Colorado.

Missin ya, Nate and Rhonda in San Angelo

Grammy October 8, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

Could not be happier for the two of you - excited to learn your plans - photos are awesome and love how you planned it all. Your story is just beginning - thanks for sharing it with me.

My best wishes to you both!

Congratulations and love,
Aunt Marialice

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP