Tuesday, November 16, 2010

California Visit

Ashley and I surprised our friends and family back in California with a visit last weekend. Well, mostly my family because Ash's mom picked us up at the airport on Wednesday night.

Thursday afternoon Ashley's mom met my mom for lunch in Sunnyvale, and Ash and I tagged along. We walked in any my mom was SO SURPRISED to see us! We had a great lunch and it was good to catch up. After lunch Ash and I just hung out and then went over to my brother's house and surprised him. He couldn't believe we were there!

Friday Ashley drove with her mom down to Monterey to pick up some cake samples for our wedding, and I went to eat lunch with a few of my friends. Friday night we met with Greg Dawn, the guy that's going to marry Ashley and I. We had a great 2 hour visit with him and we are really looking forward to May 14th next year!

Saturday was a whirlwind. Ash and I ate brunch with a few friends and then made our way over to my brother's house and met him and his two daughters at a park. Lola is 2 years old and his newborn Camilla was born on September 18th.

Lola is very photogenic!

_H3X8715


_H3X8712


I like taking kid photos from down low, to get a view of how they see things in the world.

_H3X8735


Sometimes, however, it's cool to get a view from above.

_H3X8738


Welcome to the world, Camilla!

_H3X8786

_H3X8812


More Lola at the park.

_H3X8724


Down the slide.

_H3X8762


Time to head home for nap-time, my brother Scott pushes while Lola rides shotgun and Camilla naps in the backseat.

_H3X8801


Well, tries to nap anyways.

_H3X8814


Almost home, Lola wants to try to catch me as I run backwards.

_H3X8817


Lola tells the paparazzi that that's enough photos for one day.

_H3X8830



Back in the house, Lola takes her turn holding Camilla.

_H3X8834


Then my turn.

_H3X8872


After hanging with my brother, it was off to San Leandro in the East Bay to visit with our friend Evelyn, then back down to Los Altos to take Ash's mom to the airport in San Francisco...All in a very long but fun day.

Woke up early on Sunday to catch our flight back to Denver. Take-off, headed to a stop over on Los Angeles.

_H3X8878


Initial decent down into Los Angeles.

_H3X8952


It's amazing to me how many houses and buildings there are in Los Angeles.

_H3X8896


Downtown Los Angeles. You see the Staples Center in the lower left, downtown in the middle, and you can barely see Dodger Stadium in the upper right corner of the photo.

_H3X8901


Hollywood Park Horse Racing Track on decent into LAX.

_H3X8914


The thing I love most about taking off at LAX is how you fly really low over the beach and ocean. What a spectacular view.

_H3X8943


You can barely see the Rose Bowl towards the bottom of the photo. Looks a lot smaller from this high up!


_H3X8953


Somewhere over Northern Arizona.

_H3X8957


Snow-capped Colorado Rocky Mountains.

_H3X8959



View of Aurora, Colorado on final decent into Denver International Airport.

_H3X8964


Two Frontier planes waiting to take-off.

_H3X8978


Arrival at the gate in Denver.

_H3X8980


Inside the terminal.

_H3X8984


_H3X8985


_H3X9011


And finally, what's a trip to the airport without seeing a bunny hiding in between cars in the parking lot!

_H3X9012


So we are here this week and then next Wednesday we head to Michigan for Thanksgiving. We are so excited for holidays!

4 comments:

Patrick Dove November 16, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

It's about freakin' time dude. I thought you had given up on taking photos!

Anonymous November 16, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Great Pic Beno!

Sara G. November 16, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Your nieces are soooo cute! And... umm... so is your brother! :-) I love the bunny pic.

Grammy November 16, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

How awesome to see your visit to CALIFORNIA through photos - you're the best. Here's to the wonderful family and friend surprise you and Ashley gave to some of the special people in your life.

Cannot wait until May... and your wedding day!

Love, Aunt Marialice

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP